Our aim is to support all of our families and to safeguard Kids College future ensuring you have our wonderful childcare centre filled with our amazing childcare team waiting to welcome you back once all this is over. This information is current 6 April 2020. The situation is changing rapidly so please keep an eye out for more updated information.
The landscape of childcare in 2020 s changing rapidly. We are keeping everyone informed of what we know via our Kids College facebook page as soon as we get updates.
As of this week we are under a new Child Care Subsidy CCS system. The government announced these changes on Thursday 3 April 2020 and implemented the change on Monday 6 April 2020. The new system is to be used in conjunction with the Job keeper initiative which is going through parliament on Wednesday 8 April.
We would like to thank all those families who worked with us last week to set up care arrangements for your family.
We would also like to thank our whole amazing team of early childhood educators for being their usual selves and caring and educating our children with love and compassion through this tough time. A lot has been sad of health workers and we believe our team of early childhood educators are superheros too. So well done and thank you ladies.
We appreciate all of our family’s love and support. This has been a very tough time for all of us and we are so appreciative of our Kids College family.
HOW DOES THE NEW CHILDCARE PACKAGE WORK AT KIDS COLLEGE?
We are still trying to gain further information from the government to rework our system to the new requirements. We are very happy that the government have agreed to let us waive the gap fees for families. There are still a myriad of difficulties with the new system and some uncertainty with the Job Keeper program which will be passed into law on Wednesday. We will update you as soon as we know.
NO GAP FEE
Great news for families is that there is NO gap fee for families to pay at all. There will be absolutely NO money taken out of your accounts.
You are all still enrolled at Kids College and your arrangements will revert back to normal once the Covid-19 situation resolves. At that point we will be contacting you all to ensure your family gets the care they need. Absolutely no money will come out of your account. By families staying enrolled they will keep their CCS eligibility so the subsidies will flow again as per usual once the childcare subsidy system (CCS) is reinstated. There is no limit to your allowable absences anymore.
Families who wish to keep their children at home are free to do so and we respect your family’s decision. We have previously organised with a lot of families your status as stay-at-home, could we ask you to contact us should your status change.
PRIORITY OF CARE
We are aiming to help each of our families through this tough time. We need to prioritise care according to the government guidelines for essential workers, vulnerable and disadvantaged children and previously enrolled children, as well as complying with all other provider obligations including National Quality Framework and other relevant conditions of approval under Family Assistance Law.
REQUESTS FOR CARE
Under the new system, families who need to send their children into care will be eligible for your usual days care, but we do need you to confirm your child’s attendance for those days week by week. Please email us your requests for the following weeks care by Thursday night. On each Friday we will organise the next week and let each of you know via email which days care have been approved. We need to know definitely how many children will be attending as we are setting up each day to ensure everyone’s safety. Pre bookings are essential.
KIDS COLLEGE HOME SCHOOL TV
We will be launching an online Kids College Home School TV on our Kids College Childcare facebook page next week covering messages and activities from our team. Please let us know what sort of ideas you would like to see. There is a vast array of home schooling ideas floating around the internet and we don’t want to overwhelm parents and put even more on your to-do list, but we do want to support you and keep our connections with all our families whether your children are attending our centre or they are at home.
We are also looking at the idea of compiling educational packs each week to help you keep your children at home entertained and continue with their education during this time.
Please do remain in contact with us. This is a tough time for all of us and we want to support our Kids College family’s in any way we can.
Extra measures to Kids College hygiene routines
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ THIS PRIOR TO ENTRY
• You must let the office know by phone or email if you have been in contact with a person with Covid-19 or
are being tested
• Temperature checks for everyone in the mornings. Anyone running a temperature will be excluded from
• No one will any signs of illness will be permitted to enter.
• All people must use the hand sanitiser at the front door prior to entry.
• Please try to limit entry to the centre to as few people as possible, try to get just one person from your
family to do drop off and pick up.
• If possible, keep school age children and older
members of your family away.
• On drop off and pick up please move through the
centre quickly and avoid lingering.
• Reminder to families to bring all sleeping and resting time items your child needs every day and must take
them home at end of day for washing at home.
Kids College are busy every day making it safer for all of us
No adult or child in our community has been affected by Covid-19. We will continue to keep you all informed as to what is happening at Kids College. News is ever present in the media and all over social media and we wanted to let you know a few of the steps we have taken to react to the Covid-19 situation.
- We had added more hygiene based learning into our classrooms for children and are actively promoting a positive emotional wellbeing. We are keeping the mood light and happy in our classrooms. Minimal talk of Corona virus in a negative or alarming way and we do not have radios or tv on.
- Reviewing and updating our policies
- Reviewing and updating cleaning and hygiene procedures
- Implemented additional measures to our already exceptionally high hygiene standards. For example we are using hospital grade leave-on-sanitiser in more regular intervals and over weekends too.
- Tracking each family and our own staffing team’s health and wellbeing and ensuring all sick people, regardless of illness are not a Kids College.
- Contact with numerous government bodies continually and are working with particularly Rachelle Tucker, the Executive Officer of the Australian Childcare Alliance Western Australia advocating for the needs of our team and our families.
- Participated in Child Australia, Telethon Kids Institute and the Australian Childcare alliance webinar, Covid 19 Be prepared. Be proactive webinar, on Thursday 18 March.
- Participated in the COVID-19 Information session for early childhood education care providers and services, hosted by the Australian government department of Education, skills and employment on Thursday 18 March.
- Development of our Covid -19 Pandemic Action plan
- Reviewing and updating our Emergency Management Plan
- Maintaining our stocks of our essential items. Craig has added Chief Shopper to his impressive resume.
- As always, a workforce team of happy healthy amazing early childhood educators exclusive to Kids College.
- Continuing with regular updates over email, facebook and on our website.
- Most of all, I am working day and night to keep us all updated on everything involving Covid-19 and working with all of our families with love and support in this crazy time for all of us.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any queries. Keep happy and healthy everyone.
I was at my desk doing my work when I heard fits of screams and giggles. I go through to Kindy class and there is Teacher Vera teaching children about sneeze etiquette. She takes a tissue and pretends to sneeze and catches her sneeze. Then she pretends to sneeze and throws her germs which are little red felt balls high in the air all over the children. They are screaming with delight and she has demonstrated how the germs carry in the air with a sneeze. There is a good news story to start your day.
LOVE, LAUGHTER AND LEARNING
First of all. Take a breath! A deep breath is powerful in helping our bodies relax and de stress. Shake off the worries of your day and be kind to yourself.
Just a quick query. We are working night and day through this time and there is so much information out there, could you please email me and let me know what types of facebook posts you want to see.
We have access to a very wide range of resources that we would like to share with you. One of Kids College specialities is social emotional intelligence and can draw from a number of our programs and professional training to fully support our families. We are keeping up with the current information from the government. Rest assured we have our finger on the pulse and are proactive in keeping all of our families safe in all ways.
Our values of ‘love, laughter and learning’ inform our Kids College community direction. Do let us know what you think and feel free to spread the word. I have invested a huge chunk of time to spread information to keep our whole community both well informed and calm. Please let us know what you need. Also keep an eye on our website for updates and let us know what topics you would like us to cover. This is a scary time for all of us. Please rest assured we are part of your family and we will continue to support everyone in our village.
I feel that the atmosphere in general in Perth is so serious and so I have put some info and strategies on how to deal with stress and anxiety for both adults and children.
I do love my memes and believe in the power of having a giggle, so I am keeping on posting happy posts.
I have put only factual data from credible sources about the virus itself with links and infographics. I am also working on some ideas and suggestions for families who may be at home.
It has been a really stressful time for everyone, and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so lovely to us. In times like these we need our community and we are encouraging everyone to be kind to one another. Each one of us has our own stresses and we appreciate all your kind words to us and those little chats mean the world to us. We have heard so many stories over the last couple of days and please know we love and care for each of you.
Childcare is so important in so many ways. Not just for early childhood education in the most formative of a child’s years but childcare is a family supporting your child and your family. In uncertain times we are that safety and familiarity for your family. Thank you so much for your love and support. Please don’t hesitate to call me if you have any queries or just need to chat. It is such a tough time for all of us. Please let us know what your family needs. Together we will get through this.
With love, laughter and learning from your friends in the
‘village it takes to raise a child’
Teacher Jen and the Kids College Childcare family
Kids College Philosophy
‘We have stringent hygiene, health, nutrition, maintenance, safety and protection standards. We take our duty of care very seriously and will safeguard the safety and wellbeing of our children at all times as a matter of utmost priority.’
2.1.2 Health practices and procedures. Effective illness and injury management and hygiene practices are promoted and implemented.
2.2.2 Incident and emergency management. Plans to effectively manage incidents and emergencies are developed in consultation with relevant authorities, practised and implemented.
7.1.2 Management systems. Systems are in place to manage risk and enable the effective management and operation of a quality service.
Kids College family
At Kids College we work each day embedding our values and philosophy into each facet of what we do. We continually improve our practices by critically reflecting and engaging in meaningful relationships with our community and for this we need your support and input. Please let us know if you have any comments, queries or recommendations.
Make sure to follow Kids College Childcare on facebook, watch for our regular emails and keep an eye on our Kids College website. Join our Kids College family community and share in our vision of creating the very best childcare where children experience love, laughter and learning every day. You can reach us on Jennifer@kidscollege.com.au